Monday, March 10, 2014

February 2014


Abbie is starting to like Young Women's more and more. This is her wonderful group of Beehives. Oh, how I miss working with them. Just when I had adjusted, and was enjoying working in activity day's twice a month they asked me to be with the YCL's at girls camp this upcoming Summer. With there being 75 YCL's attending camp this year it's quite the task. The last few Sunday's have been very hectic working with the YCL's to get them ready for all their responsibilities before and at camp. It's fun though too. We have our first camp kick off this upcoming Tuesday that we all have to attend to sing a fun YCL song. I'm not sure how I'm going to remember all their names, but I'm trying. Plus, I get to spend another year at girls camp with Abbie. :)


Micah had the girls at work with him a few weeks back. They have a board room at his work with a giant white board wall. Hours of fun for these ladies. We'll Aliza doesn't look happy in the picture, but I was told that they had a good time.



Avery did her living museum project on Annie Oakley. She looked adorable, and did a great job memorizing her part. All the parents and students at the school would walk around and push a button at each station if they wanted to learn about someone in history. I personally learned from this project that most famous people in history were crazy. Not Annie Oakley, but most of the other people represented. Avery presented her speech many, many times and started it each time with "Hi Y'all, I'm Annie Oakley" with a slight southern accent.  I loved it!



Valentines day came and went. This was the first year in a long time that we didn't have to make Valentine boxes at home. I really missed working on the boxes together. Aliza made this box at school, and she was thrilled with all her Valentines and treats. Micah and I gave the girls swim suits with a tag that said "We abso-suit-ly love you." I thought it was cute.


Avery was able to attend a Stake Activity Day activity about the Olympics. She met an actual Para- Olympic Champion in swimming, Courtney Jordan. They were able to hold the gold medal's and listen to her speak about her struggles and trials. Courtney gave powerful testimony of having to work hard through your struggles, and to never giving up. It was very inspiring.


Abbie had her very first tennis tournament in February. If you ask me, I thought it was a great experience, but she didn't enjoy herself too much. Her coach warned that the first few tournaments would be rough, but Abbie was still discouraged. It turned out to be a really hot day, plus her asthma was acting up a bit. Maybe from nerves? The following weekend her coach had a small tournament just for his students that went much better. I'm glad she got back on the court and tried again. She is a great tennis player. She needs to just keep trying!


1 comment:

  1. Hey- we made it to your new blog! I can't believe we have 13 year olds!!! We are still in our early 20's right!?!

    ReplyDelete