Avery did a fantastic job last week performing in Festival. We used to call it Federation when I was growing up, but here in Nevada it's Festival. She was relieved to find out that she played very last this year, because last year she had to go first. In my opinion they saved the best for last.
She received a Superior rating again this year, and it was very much deserved. She learned one of her pieces in three weeks. We were really feeling the time crunch, but her teacher really wanted to push her. Avery really did a fabulous job, and I was so thrilled to be able to go watch her perform. They performed on a stage at UNLV which was a fun change. Usually it's just in a classroom setting.
To our surprise last weekend Avery received a text from a friend letting her know that her art was hanging in the mall. So we took a trip to the mall to check it out. There were about 20 pieces of artwork hanging on the wall from her school. Avery's is the one on the top with a wave. We were so surprised and grateful that someone spotted her artwork and told us about it.
An up close look of her awesome skeleton catching a wave. I couldn't figure out an angle that wouldn't glare. I love how this just screams Avery's personality.
Then to our surprise Aliza found a piece of her artwork too. For there only being a few selected from the school, I'm still perplexed at to why the art teacher didn't let either of my kiddo's know. What a cool thing to have your artwork hanging in the mall. Both girls were asking if they could keep the frame, and I just laughed because who know's if we will even get the artwork back. I don't know what's going on apparently. We wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for Avery's friend. How fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment